GIRL CHILD RAPE IN NIGERIA
GIRL CHILD RAPE IN NIGERIA
Girl Child rape in Nigeria is taking another dimension that is really worrisome. This means that every parent and guardian must be on the lookout to ensure their loved ones don’t fall victims of this taboo.
For a better understanding of the topic Girl Child rape in Nigeria, a definition of the word rape is necessary.
Rape is said to have occurred when a man forcefully has sexual intercourse with a woman without the woman’s consent.
Consent is said to be denied by the woman even when it was obvious that she fearfully allowed penetration. This could be due to threats and intimidation by the man with a weapon or nothing.
In this case the man in question is known as a Rapist.
Respect the Woman Initiatives, in this article, is concerned with the Girl Child rape in Nigeria which has taken many forms nowadays.
The rape of a woman can be attributed to many factors which include sexual attractions men get from nicely dressed women or from women wearing indecent cloths.
The above fact has compelled RTWI these questions as it concerns Girl Child Rape in Nigeria. What is the sexual attraction in a 6 years old Girl child? When a man rapes a girl of 6 years old child; what aroused him from her?
When a man rapes a 2 year old girl child, what attraction has such girl child to offer in the world of men?
The trend and pattern on Girl Child rape in Nigeria or Child Sexual abuse in Nigeria is a pointer to a possible cause. Case by case review of the topic Girl Child rape in Nigeria will help analyze this trend and pattern.
CASE STUDY ONE – A CASE OF OBSESSED PERSON
A 21 years old man, Uchechukwu Obura, defiled a 6 year old Girl in Ebonyi State on 3rd of April 2019.
This happened in Egushi, Ebyia-Unupu Community.
Master Uchechukwu Obura was living in the same compound with the victim.
When everyone was gone, Master Uchechukwu lured her to the Bathroom in the compound.
He undressed her and penetrated her.
It was apparently the screams of the Girl Child or the next bathroom user that alerted everyone.
Uche Obura confessed to the crime but he blamed the devil for this act of his.
Uche Obura is currently in police net awaiting next line of action.
The father of the Girl Child has said that no aspect of the law should be neglected in this case.
The security operatives have complied fully to the request of his request.
As we presented earlier, what could be the attraction in this case. This is just one case out of many cases of Girl Child Rape in Nigeria or Child Sexual abuse in Nigeria.
CASE STUDY TWO – A CASE OF RITUAL/OCCULT INVOLVEMENT
Recently in the teaching hospital of Nnamdi Azikiwe, a parent brought in her daughter for specific laboratory tests.
The paper containing the Laboratory requests was issued by Nigeria Police Force. From our interactions, it became obvious that this Girl Child was raped by a 36 year old man.
The perpetrator of this act confessed that he was told that he must dis-virgin a Girl Child for him to break away from poverty.
This he did and used a red cloth to clean-off the Girl Child’s first blood which could be for a possible submission to their temple.
He too is waiting in police custody for the full weight of the law to land on him.
CASE STUDY THREE – A CASE OF MEN WITH INFERIORITY COMPLEX ISSUE
There are men that are either too shy and men that cannot summon courage to talk to a lady.
Other men in this class are old men who believe that their time has gone and as such no girl will ever give them attention.
These classes of men either visit brothels to solve sex problems or lie in wait for the next unfortunate Girl Child.
These classes of men will go to the extent of doing anything to please such Girl Child just to defile her.
One can now see that Girl Child Rape in Nigeria or Child Sexual abuse in Nigeria has many facets and attacking fronts.
EASY TARGETS ON THE CASE OF GIRL CHILD RAPE IN NIGERIA
The under listed are Girl Children that are mostly preyed on by these monsters.
- Girl Child that hawks for a living.
- Girl Child whose parent often hand over to male neighbors in particular and neighbors in general for assisted guardian role.
- Girl Child belonging the always busy parents’ class.
- Girl Child with poor parental provision. Such Girl Child enters the neighbor’s room to get something to eat and other comforts. While on such parole, calamity meets them.
- Girl Child that struggles with her education. This makes her to consider other things more that being focused with her books.
SOLUTIONS TO THE CASE OF GIRL CHILD RAPE IN NIGERIA
The following must be observed if the above topic Girl Child Rape in Nigeria or Child Sexual abuse in Nigeria is to be stopped:
- The parents must gear up their parental control and also be up to the modern world adversaries of the Girl Child.
- The parents must keep their eyes opened always with a ready hand to redirect such Girl child when she missteps.
- Parent must learn how to take care of their girl child by themselves.
- If assistance is need on the guardianship of a Girl Child, the parent must know such person very well.
- Parents must ensure that the Girl Child likes education the way she likes her food. That is the only way she can get focused.
- Parents must create an academic friendly environment for their Girl Child.
- Parents must know the provision of the law of the state for their Girl Child and reach out for it whenever necessary.
- Finally a Girl Child must be trained to be bold and confident of whom she is. She must know that being a Girl child is not a curse.
You may also like: AUDACITY OF NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION ON RAPE CASES IN NIGERIA.
We hope that with this we are better equipped on the issues concerning Girl Child Rape in Nigeria.
The question is will Girl Child Rape in Nigeria stop?
The answer to this question is in our conscience.
From Chairman’s Desk – RTWI.
Okekeobi Chisom Ferdinand